Rhyme With A Reason

Thanks for visiting!!

Friday, April 9, 2010

For Mom

This first poem is dedicated to my beautiful mother. I wrote it for her last summer when she was so sick. I am happy to report that she is doing quite well these days. Halleluiah!



Walk Together


Mommy, will you hold my hand?

This road is hard to cross.

Squeeze my fingers gently,

Remind me we're not lost.


You stood with me on countless curbs,

My steps safe in your care,

And when I started on my own,

Your touch was always there.


We can walk together still,

On your strength I stand,

Now let me be there for you,

Mommy, hold my hand.

4 comments:

  1. Everytime i read this, i realate it to my own mother.
    It's beautiful. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much.
    I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem, I wish I had this when my mother was diagnosed with cancer in 2006. She is doing wonderful now!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Stephanie. I'm so glad your mother is doing well.

    ReplyDelete