Rhyme With A Reason

Thanks for visiting!!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Poems

I couldn't write a grandmother poem without thinking of my own Gramas. Below this poem I added something personal in their honor. I can only hope I did them justice. To all of those who shared/ knew them, I hope we share a smile as we remember.



GRANDMA

Grandma, I've seen pictures,

Of you in younger days,

Your hair a different color,

You dressed a different way.



I hear you speak of days gone by,

With a smile on your face,

Times I've seen through your eyes,

Could never be replaced.



But, if I may say, I like the gray,

You earned the look I know,

A testament of love well spread,

And the family you help grow.





*******************************************************************************





GRANDMA THOMAS


"Come and see me anytime,"

Gram would always say,

She'd fill our arms with homebaked goods,

And send us on our way.


"Be sure to bring my dishes back,"

She'd add as if to tease,

But we knew better than to forget,

'Cause she had a lot to feed.



A spunky little lady,

Devout wife and mother,

Grandparenting like a rich dessert,

Yet, always room to treat another.


She filled more than our bellies,

Shared beyond the recipes,

Love, laugh, life -with just enough spice,

Feast well, sweet memory.



I love you, Grama!








***************************************************************************






GRANDMA HUGHES


To say she smelled of Jean Nate,

Would be fair just to start,

But the air surrounding Grandma,

Came more from her heart.



Tender, yet protective,

Her life shared warmth and grace,

Blessings that still carry through,

The families she helped raise.


Checker games and gumdrops,

And safe walks past her dog,

Adventures on a city bus,

And peeks in her "tooth garage".


Small memories forever linger,

And with her love remain,

Seeds of our lives' flourishing,

And comforts of the same.


Love ya, Grama!
















*********************************************************************************









Mom








For every time I needed you,




And you were there for me,




For all the little things you do,




You think I never see.











For every boo boo that you kissed,




And the comfort of your touch,




For seeing things that others missed,




And knowing when to watch.











Though simple words don't seem enough,




So much from you I've learned,




Thank you, Mom, for all your love,




A gift happily returned.












*********************************************************************************




















SMILE














You smile just because I'm happy





And weep if I am sad,





You worry for me, just a bit too much,





Even when I make you mad.













You stand by me when I am right,





And guide me when I'm wrong,





Your words alone can lift me,





Your faith helps make me strong.












I love you, and I thank you,





For your precious care,





Your heart forever giving,





The beauty that you share.



























8 comments:

  1. this is beautiful and really meaningful.
    love you mom =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, honey.
    Thanks for indulging my obsession.
    It's pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Me likey. Specially the "peeking in the tooth garage."

    ReplyDelete
  4. reading at my leisure at christy's house----love , love love the poem about my mom-- can just smell that jean nate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I love you guys so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doing great! How's the obsession?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. Tonight my head wanted to do a poem about garbage bags. I think maybe a break should happen soon.
    I love you, Babey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your gift of words. They definitely lived up to all the hype!..lol. Darn that Gidget, and remember all of those pierogies..umm.

    ReplyDelete